Retractable Pleated Screen Warranty
Non-Transferable Limited Warranty
Your Retractable Pleated Screen comes complete with a 5 year warranty and is supplied free of manufacturing defects and material flaws. Should any defect in materials and/or workmanship become apparent within 5 years from the date of purchase, the Supplier will repair or replace the product free of charge. Proof of Purchase is required.
The Warranty excludes:
- Improper screen assembly, installation and/or adjustment provided by others
- Damage as a result of environment conditions, strong winds, natural disasters or other events beyond the control of the Supplier
- Damage to the screen mesh and/or channels caused by deliberate or accidental misuse, abuse or neglect
- Damage caused by humans or pets accidentally running or walking into screen
- Damage caused to the screen components by inadequate maintenance, i.e. failure to routinely remove dirt, dust and debris in channels or mesh
- Normal wear and tear: fading, progressive deterioration of finishes and materials due to exposure to sun, rain, abrasion, heat and/or cold
- Damage caused by the contamination of the screen mesh due to excessive moisture, construction dust or debris, chemicals or aggressive cleaning agents
- Damage to the mesh caused by contact with excessive heat surfaces including, but not limited to construction equipment, cigarette ash, matches, lighters, sparks or hot cooking utensils
- Damage caused by any third party
Screen Mesh Consistency
Mesh fabric is a woven material which checked for defects. Three defects per square meter is acceptable and not covered by this warranty.
NO IMPLIED STATUTORY WARRANTY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL APPLY. THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE OF ALL OTHER STATUTORY, WRITTEN OR ORAL WARRANTIES, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ARE GIVEN OR HEREIN EXPRESSED. Under no circumstances, whether as a breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, strict liability or otherwise, will Craft-Bilt be liable for consequential, inconsequential, special or exemplary damages. This warranty is subject to the laws of each province which may not allow exclusions to the implied warranties. It is your responsibility to ensure that genuine Craft-Bilt components have been installed. We are not responsible for another suppliers goods that have been substituted or misrepresented in any way to you.
To Obtain Warranty Services
You must provide the dated signed contract or invoice. You will initiate contact with the contractor who supplied the components. If this is does not apply or is not possible, you can contact Craft-Bilt directly at 25 Green Court, Ajax, ON, L1S 6W9. Craft-Bilt or their agent must be permitted to inspect the components to determine eligibility under this warranty. The benefits provided to the consumer by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to the consumer under the law. The consumer is responsible for expenses associated with any warranty claim.
Maintenance & Cleaning is important to the screen's smooth movement. While the screen is retracted, remove any debris with a soft cloth or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush nozzle. Dusty or coastal environments will require regular cleaning. Cleaning the screen mesh should be lightly dusted to maintain an unobstructed view and air flow. While the screen is extended, remove any build up with a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush nozzle, care should be taken not to tear or rip the mesh. Lightly spraying with a water hose can also be done as the material is water resistant.